14 years pastry chef in 2 red rosette establishments, 15 years in food development launching products into all retails from Aldi and Lidl to Waitrose, M&S, Fortnum & Mason and 5 years in event catering.
Following the explosion of great, fresh savoury food in event catering and street food, the fresh sweet area is limited with the majority based on flour and water, with little or no inclusion of the nation’s favourite sweet ingredient – chocolate. With this in mind, our initial product were developed to fill this gap. Belgium double chocolate and wild Canadian blueberry are the staple flavours. Muffins are mixed and baked at each event, served so fresh they have a crispy crust and a soft, spongy centre. Customers wait for the next batch ‘born’ out of the oven, the aroma of chocolate wafting around stopping passers by to see what we are baking. To cater for the early risers we bake croissants, pain au chocolat and danish pastries. All served alongside fresh ground illy coffee, Yorkshire tea, homemade hot chocolate infused with Madagascan vanilla paste topped with homemade blow torch toasted marshmallow fluff.
In 2018 the catering unit had an exterior refresh which had a positive effect. We supported events such as Brighton Marathon, Aston Martin Owners Club, multiple Bicester Heritage Scrambles, Bonhams MPH motoring auctions, Pinewood Studios, Birdfair, Supercar Fest to name a few.
Added to the standard menu is dry cured, oak smoked, streaky bacon and slow roast belly of pork with bramley apple sauce – both served in warm artisan rolls or bagels.
I have served a wide breadth of customers over the years, some memorable ones are – Massive Attack, The Prodigy, Damon Albarn, Matt Groening, Stereophonics, Robert Carlyle, Ian Botham, David Gower, Viola Davis, David Tennant to name a few.
The latest project is a 1972 AEC fire engine used as a back drop for a champagne bar – the Instagram page is here.
- Belgian double chocolate and wild Canadian blueberry muffins, gluten free available.
- All butter croissants, vanilla crowns, cinnamon swirls, pain au chocolate and maple & pecan plait.
- Belgian chocolate brownie finished with white chocolate and popping candy.
- Slow roast belly of pork, bramley apple sauce in a warm bagel.
- Homemade hot chocolate infused with Madagascan vanilla, topped with homemade fluff and blow torched.
- Breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner menus written for your event.