30th June at 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Blaston & District Agricultural Society was founded in 1957 by a group of local people with a keen interest in agriculture and the rural community. The original founders were Bill and Molly Jackson, Dick and Clare Clarke and Joyce Noble.
The first ever Blaston Show was held in the same year and has been an annual event ever since, only having to be cancelled twice in its history; in both instances due to Foot and Mouth disease. The Show originally started as a small gymkhana competition and later incorporated donkeys. As the show grew and became more popular, show classes of horses and ponies, sheep, goats, cattle and dogs developed.
The Show has always been held in the vicinity of Blaston village and has been run from just six sites in its 60 year lifespan. It has been held at the current site on Hallaton Road, Slawston since 1997.